Virtual International Intern, Summer 2021
About the Job
CNN international interns will get an opportunity to view the inner workings of one of the leading news networks in the world. Journalists cover a wide range of subjects including terrorism, politics, business, social issues and trends. CNN International has an opportunity to experience, learn, and be exposed to the newsgathering cycle. It will be a great opportunity to strengthen your research and communication skills while providing an opportunity to contribute to shows and participate in futures meetings.
- Interns will observe and assist with workflow at the international desk on all shifts during our 24/7 operation.
- Interns will have the opportunity to work with other units and departments within the CNN family who interact with the international desk.
- May also assist associate producers, tape editor, assignment editors, and producers.
- Intern schedules vary and may include week and weekend work.
- Students must provide a resume and cover letter
- Students must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship
- Interest in international news and newsgathering; multi-lingual is not a must but would be an asset; knowledge of or experience in basic journalism techniques, standards and ethics.
- Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
- Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
- Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
- This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
- Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
- Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands