About the Job
WarnerMedia is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. WarnerMedia is home to several world renowned brands with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, The Undoing®, Raised By Wolves®, Lovecraft Country®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Rick and Morty®, Friends®, Insecure®?and Sex and the City® and Kids & Family series such as Looney Tunes®, and Not Too Late Show with Elmo®. WarnerMedia is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. WarnerMedia offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
This position will be a member of Media Software Engineering (MSE) team within the Media Supply Chain (MSC) department within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO) organization. The MSE team is a global software engineering group based in New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, London, Buenos Aires responsible to build and maintain mission-critical applications, systems and workflows on a global scale through its Global Media Supply Chain (GMSC) in support of WarnerMedia's Direct-To-Consumer platform HBO Max and its Linear & On Demand MVPD Affiliates, Electronic Sell Through and Home Entertainment services.
Media Supply Chain (MSC) is tasked to architect, engineer, and program manage a wide range of applications, workflows and services for our internal partners who operationally manage and distribute WarnerMedia content globally. Our applications and technology solutions are responsible for rights management, scheduling, image & asset metadata management, content processing and delivery as well as content mastering, localization and archive/preservation. We are a fundamental part of WarnerMedia's innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences to ensure the best consumer experience.
WarnerMedia is looking for a hands-on Technical Lead with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions encompassing our entire media supply chain. The successful candidate will work closely with product/project managers, users, development staff, and senior leadership to lead design, develop and deploy encoding and content distribution solutions.
- Work with a team of highly motivated developers to effectively implement solutions and delivery production quality applications that are highly supportable and maintainable
- Overall responsibility for design, code quality, and deployments
- Mentoring junior team members and enabling them to work with new technologies.
- Partner with internal and external teams to understand business and technical requirements to document technical specifications and articulate these to the development team
- Document technical solutions and articulate these solutions to both a business and technical audience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience
- 8+ years of experience as a Senior Software engineer with a strong knowledge of Java and or Python. EE experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel
- Working knowledge of implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on AWS
- Media background with encoding engines a plus.
- Hands-on experience in implementing microservices, RESTful APIs, and event driven architectures
- Deep knowledge of domain-driven design and design patterns
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems and tools such as Jenkins
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Drive to master emerging technologies and share experiences with team members
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Advise development team on implementations, and serve as a key decision-maker