About the Job
Belfair Golf Club in Bluffton, SC is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Assistant Golf Course Superintendent - East Course. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
Golf Course Description
Belfair features two Tom Fazio Championship Golf Courses and a state of the art practice facility all set within a beautiful low-country themed landscape. Belfair is ranked in Golfweeks top residential golf communities and has recently hosted the 2019 PGA Professionals Championship. In 2018, the East course underwent a renovation that included new bunkers, TifEagle greens, TifGrand approaches, and Latitude tees, fairways, and rough. We have a Toro Lynx Irrigation system and Toro equipment.
The Assistant Superintendent, working under the direction of the Superintendent, will be responsible for daily maintenance of the East Course. He/she must be proficient in crew management, irrigation maintenance and repair, chemical/fertilizer calibration and application, detail oriented, multi-tasker, self-starter, and a team player.
• 2 or 4 year degree in turf/agronomy related field
• SC pesticide license or the ability to obtain with-in 90 days
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and in inclement weather
• Prior high-end private club experience a plus
• Spanish speaking is a plus but not required
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Ability to work with, train, and develop crew members
• Salary: DOE
• Full benefits package
• Cell phone provided
• Shift meals
• Golf Privileges
• Dues paid to local and national associations
Please e-mail a copy of your cover letter, resume, references, and any other pertinent information you may have to Thomas Davis, East Course Superintendent.