Registered Nurse Emergency Room
About the Job
At Trident Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Room, you are responsible to triage, assess and treat patients of all ages presenting for emergency care. We provide timely, compassionate care for patients with emergency and life-threatening conditions. Our range of services include everything from broken bone care to heart attack and stroke treatment. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other. We are seeking a RN that has the same passion for patient care as we do.
- You will document pertinent nursing notes to reflect: change in condition, transfer and discharge
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
- You will be responsible for efficient throughput to include understanding and knowledge of all care zones such as triage, rapid treatment area, carepath, pediatric ER, trauma, behavioral health, etc.
- You coordinate and triage incoming ambulance traffic
- You manage care with primary ED attending
- You are responsible for learning, understanding and use of the Emergency Severity Index 5-level triage algorithm
- You are responsible for responding to critical needs as well as serve as a resource nurse for trauma
- You will demonstrate the ability to manage critical situations and make care based decisions.
- You will educate patients regarding their medications, procedure and treatments, providing patients and their families with support throughout their stay.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer date
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Pediatric Life Support (PALS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer date
- Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care Registered Nurse experience preferred
For more than 40 years Trident Medical Center has proudly served patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties in beautiful South Carolina. Trident Medical Center is a 320+ bed major medical center providing a comprehensive range of patient services and specialties including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center.
- An award-winning Heart Center
- The South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery
- The Trident Breast Care Center
- The Joseph M. Still Burn Clinic - the region’s only outpatient burn clinic offering services to patients of all ages.
Trident Medical Center offers critical care services and 24/7 Hospitalist and Intensivist programs. Trident Medical Center is a five-star recipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care and patient safety outcomes according to a study released by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data featured in the Healthgrades 2019 Report to the Nation.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Trident Medical Center, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our ER RN opening. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.