About the Job
Job Title: Trade Analyst
Requisition ID: 128510BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Hillsboro, Oregon U.S.A., Materials and Structural Analysis Division
How will you make an impact?
The position is ideal for a candidate that is prepared to adopt an important role within the Thermo Fisher Company. It involves a combination of creativity, routine work, and varied tasks to facilitate import and export transactions in compliance with U.S. and applicable government laws and regulations. The successful candidate will determine and assign Export and Import data and information, perform data transfer and audit tasks, generate reports to measure quality, and resolve process issues to ensure global standardization and improve efficiencies.
What will you do?
- Ensure the proper HTS and ECCN classification, valuation, marking, and country of origin of imported and exported merchandise
- Ensure compliance with U.S. Customs, Department of Commerce regulations, and all other partnering government agencies
- Act as a resource for researching, providing guidance, and responding to Import and Export compliance questions from various company departments and divisions
- Serve as contact for Customs brokers to ensure the proper declaration of information and provide discrepancy resolution to ensure timely processing of entries
- Support the development, maintenance, and delivery of internal training programs as necessary
- Assist in the review, development, and implementation of Compliance procedures while complying with all federal regulations
- Maintain Item Compliance databases as necessary
- Maintain records in accordance with Government and Thermo Fisher's record retention policies
- Develop corrective action recommendations for non-compliance of any policies, laws, regulations
- Perform Export transaction and post Customs Entry audits; process post-entry amendments to ensure compliance with regulations
- Identify opportunities for duty refunds and savings including classification, valuation, trade programs, and duty drawback; ensure the proper use of duty preference programs
- Generate compliance metrics for reporting within the department and to management
- Perform other compliance related duties and/or projects as required, including, but not limited to, supply chain security, export reviews and licensing, and performing audits
- Other duties as assigned
How will you get here?
- Bachelor degree desired, high school diploma/GED is minimum requirement
- Minimum 2-5 years related Import and Export Compliance operational experience required
- Knowledge HTSUS, GRls, Binding Rulings, Explanatory Notes, Valuation, Rules of Origin, FTA's, CROSS.
- Knowledge of EAR, ECCN's, SNAP-R Export License applications a plus
- Experience dealing with other Government Agency compliance a bonus
- Able to identify and take corrective action in resolving Export Control and Customs related issues as they relate to internal systems, processes, customers, suppliers, and service providers
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio)
- Knowledge of ERP systems (QAD is a plus)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- A cooperative team player with a strong sense of responsibility is crucial to this role
- Strong interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written
- Detail oriented, quality and process driven, pro-active, able to cope with stress, good problem- solving skills and setting priorities
- Self-motivated with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive tasks
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- A commitment to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attendance and accountability are a critical function of this position
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.