Team Manager - Tractor Supply
About the Job
This position is responsible for managing all operational and team member aspects of a specialty retail farm and ranch store. Primary duties include driving sales and profit, building the team, building customer loyalty, and leading execution of company standards. This position is also responsible for promoting a safe and productive work environment for all Team Members, customers, and vendors, as well as training Team Members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures. Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver's license.
- With guidance, assists in recruiting, hiring, developing, evaluating, disciplining, and retaining efficient team members.
- Scheduling, organizing and planning daily activities for team members to insure efficient store operations.
- Assists in training and leading team members in providing exceptional customer service.
- With guidance, communicates company processes, policies and directives to team members and monitoring their execution. Evaluating those processes for effectiveness and coordinating with district manager and/or regional manager to eliminate problems
- Creating a desirable work environment through promotions, recognition and empowerment.
- With guidance, assists the Store Manager with problem solving and conflict resolution for both team members and customers.
- Learns Sales and profit management - accountable for achieving top and bottom line.
- Promotes a safe and productive work environment for Team Members and customers.
- Assists with the managing of daily merchandise flow to insure adequate in-stock and inventory controls.
- Assists with the organizing of merchandise resets to company specifications on a periodic basis.
- With guidance, implements and sustains merchandise presentation per company standards.
- Reviewing and refreshing product displays
- Assists with evaluating competitive environment and working with Operations and Merchandising teams to insure quality and performance.
- Trained on daily, weekly and monthly processing of required paperwork including but not limited to invoices, schedules, product orders and returns, and POS reports.
- Trained to do periodic sales forecasting, payroll analysis and budget review.
- Trained on documentation of team member evaluations and corrective action.
- Trained on managing periodic price changes.
- Assists on communicating inventory needs to buyers and distribution centers.
- With guidance, works with the buyers, supply chain management, district managers and distribution centers to solve inventory problems.
- With guidance manages periodic inventory control process.
- Assists with the coordinating and conducting special sales events.
- Trained to assist district manager and other store managers in solving district issues and support operational needs.
- Community involvement
TEAM MEMBER RELATIONS:
- Set the tone for and reinforce the Mission and Values of Tractor Supply Company and consistently develop the store as the "Employer of Choice"
- Assists in addressing team member issues and concerns, working with HR team when necessary.
- May assess and develop team members for advancement within the organization
- Provide a safe and productive work environment
- Trained to be responsible for budgeting and sales forecasting
- Responsible for auditing store processes
May perform other duties as assigned *
(*) These tasks do not meet the ADA definition of essential functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent; however, these tasks still constitute important aspects of the job.
- Previous retail experience preferred
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Bachelor degree in agricultural-science or business related field desired
Professional Certifications: None.
Other knowledge, skills, or abilities:
- Highly motivated leader capable of motivating others to achieve company goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a Valid Driver's License if you drive for company business List any licenses, certifications, registrations, systems' knowledge or any other relevant job skills or abilities not covered in the Education and Experience section above. Indicate whether these skills are "required" or "preferred". (This section may be left blank if not applicable).
- Perform and execute principle responsibilities.
- Process information / merchandise through system and POS Register system.
- Communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Read, write, and count to accurately complete all documentation.
- Freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area and register area.
- Operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store such as a dolly, hand-truck, forklift, computer and cash register.
- Squat, bend, stoop and climb ladders.
- Move and transfer merchandise generally weighing 0 - 50 pounds throughout the store.
- Work varied hours, days, night and weekends as business dictates, plus six days a week during peak seasons in the spring and fall.
- Work a minimum of 52 hours per week.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time often up to four hours straight without a break.
- Travel to other store locations and to company functions.
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our Team Members' commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,900 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with annual revenues of more than $8 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live "Life out Here"!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great Place to Work!
Tractor Supply Company offers a competitive Benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Team Members as well as Part-time Team Members who are deemed eligible based on a minimum hours requirement. In addition, TSC offers access to other Benefits such as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan