Coach Internship (Golf Instr, Summer 2021)
About the Job
Topgolf is searching for Golf Instructor Interns (part-time) for an unmatched experience this summer 2021!
What You'll Do
A Topgolf Coach Intern will help manage and maintain one of our key summer programs while learning essential skills to advance their knowledge of the golf business. This person will report directly to the Director of Golf Instruction. This position includes assisting in our Summer Academy and may possibly include assisting in training new Topgolf Associates and assisting in our Topgolf Coach Classes.
Think you could help Scooter Magruder?
How about some awesome kiddos in the Topgolf Summer Academy ?
How You'll Do It
- Assist, teach and help manage our extremely successful Summer Academy program (our flagship Junior program for 8 to 12 weeks)
- Assist in club repair of all loaner clubs
- Enhance the Guest experience by giving out instruction tips to our Guests during peak times for the purpose of promoting and selling Topgolf U
- Help with student and lead maintenance with our CRM tool
- Help in Management of our Summer Leagues as needed
- Train new Topgolf Associates on basics of teaching and general knowledge of golf
What You'll Gain
- Golf instruction knowledge through our Development program and golf lesson shadowing
- Ability to teach class lessons
- Training skills attained from teaching Topgolf U Associates
- Working knowledge of lesson analysis software/app
- Management of a CRM (customer relationship management) tool
- How to structure a golf lesson
- Sales excellence and student retention techniques
- Club repair
What We're Looking For
- Enrolled in a Professional Golf Management (PGM) program
- Previous competitive golf participant
- Knowledge of golf instruction and experience preferred
- Previous work experience in the golf industry
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication, time management and organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work on a team
- A high level of self-awareness, receptivity to change and integrity
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Availability to work varied shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time including maneuvering up and down stairs
- Ability to obtain required licenses and certifications for your location
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 lb.
- Ability to stoop and bend