Technical Support Specialist, LC-MS
About the Job
As Technical Support Specialist, you will have a key role in supporting our Cascadion™ SM Clinical Analyzer globally and will have a chance to work with technically advanced instruments in an innovative and international working environment.
As Technical Support Specialist, you will support our global team of Cascadion Field Service Engineers by providing training, technical expertise and troubleshooting support. You will also deal with customer escalations and provide customer feedback to our Cascadion product development team.
While the team is primarily based at our Vantaa, Finland site, we are happy to hire this role as fully remote (working from home), based anywhere in the following countries: Finland, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy or Greece. Fairly regular international travel (up to 20% per month) may be required (when safe to do so), so you need to be based near to an international airport.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific we work hard to support our colleagues' career ambitions, offering great training and development opportunities throughout your career and a chance to work in an international environment. Apply now and achieve your best – both personally and professionally.
What will you do?
- Perform installation, repairs, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of Cascadion™ SM Clinical Analyzers and Assays
- Accurately document, analyze and report support activities
- Timely handling of technical product support cases and complaint assessment
- Contribute to the development and delivery of technical training programs
- Actively participate in product change process, and help to develop and maintain product support documentation and processes
Who we are looking for:
- A Degree in Engineering (any discipline) OR a Degree in a Life Science (PhD level preferred)
- Hands-on experience of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry (LC-MS) instrumentation, software and applications (essential)
- Professional experience in servicing analytical or general laboratory instruments (gained either as an Engineer or when working as a Scientist in a lab)
- Some experience in technical product support within Invitro Diagnostics industry would be an advantage (but not essential)
- Experience with development of digital technical training programs, including 3D AR/VR/MR applications and solutions would be of interest (but not essential)
- Ability and mindset to quickly diagnose and resolve technical analytical problems
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload in an effective manner
- Willing and able to travel internationally; client-focused and customer centric, as duties may include service visits to customer sites globally
- Fluent in English (essential); proficiency in Finnish, Swedish, or other European languages an advantage
- Driving licence preferred (but not essential)
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Incentive Plan Bonus
- Flexible benefits package: may include Life Assurance; various Health Benefits & Vouchers; Pension Scheme; Flexi-time & more
- Excellent career progression as part of a global organization
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.