Technical Application Scientist (Cell Biology) - German Speaking
About the Job
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $25 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are looking for a Technical Support Scientist, with a background in Biosciences, to join our Budapest Tech support team. You will provide advice and help to Thermo Fisher Scientific customers in the EMEA territory, and internal support to sales colleagues and other teams across the Thermo Fisher Scientific organization.
- Provides technical support for Thermo Fisher Scientific Life Sciences products and services by answering customer technical inquiries of limited technical scope.
- Inquiries are received via email or telephone.
- Provides customer support on issues by utilizing all available resources. Escalates issues or problems when warranted.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using all required computer systems and databases.
- Records and manages customer complaints on technical and quality issues (credits or replacement products as required).
- Recommend changes to knowledge databases, website and other company-managed databases of technical information.
- Participates in team tasks, including, but not limited to, complaint analysis, customer surveys, Voice of Customer reports etc.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
• Requires a BSc. or MSc. with preferred background in Cell Biology.
• Laboratory experience preferable and advantageous.
• Must be fluent in both written and spoken English and German.
• High level communication skills, both written and oral are vital.
• Proven ability to quickly learn technical information and operational systems.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities. Problem-solving ability.
• Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, word processing and Internet applications.
• Must be customer focused and a team player.