Supply Chain Analytics Manager
About the Job
About ThermoFisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
This role has no direct reports.
1. Lead to prioritize, initiate, develop, drive and execute projects. Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering project results. Monitors the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending. Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project.
2. Project-based analytics including but not limited to supply chain planning and execution analysis: Demand Forecasting, Supply Chain Modeling, Digital Analytics, Big data Analytics, Trade Analytics, Customer Segmentation
3. Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems. Drive continuous improving/reengineering of operational simplification and excellence, employ and embrace PPI as a means to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the supply chain organization.
4. Provide rotations of supply chain functions including Customer Service, Demand Planning, Supplier Planning, Purchasing, Inventory Analysist, Logistics etc in both value stream operation and Center of Excellence (COE) team.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree required in related field; strong preference for fields of study in the data science, economics, statistics, engineering and management.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasing experience in management consulting or industry within the supply chain functions
- Minimum of 5 years expertise with the Microsoft suite (including advanced Excel skills with embedded Pivot Tables & Macros; advanced PowerPoint usage)
- At least 2 years experience with predictive analytics and BI tools which may include at least two applications from R / Revo R, SAS, Python, Spark, and Tableau
- Good experience in ERP (SAP, Oracle)
- Good command of English & mandarin
- Great career vision and strong ambition, Determined, self-motivated and passionate
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and persuasive communications abilities
- Adaptable to different cultures and working environments, capable of performing under high pressure
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time, including international travel
- The position is based at Shanghai, China.