Sr. Manager Technical Sourcing Engineering
About the Job
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
As a member of Life Science Solution Group (LSG) Global Sourcing, this position will manage a team of Scientists/Engineers whom identify, design and manage projects to reduce cost and mitigate risk while optimizing the supply chain. Responsibilities include interfacing with a number of Thermo Fisher functions in multiple divisions (along with senior management and our external vendors) to influence/affect change and drive results, fostering relationships, managing conflict with confidence and integrity, and removing roadblocks to enable win-win for the company.
The ability to effectively shift priorities and work at a fast pace is required. Excellent communication skills, including writing, articulating, listening, and questioning are essential. The ability to understand technical strategies and then translate those into broad/more simplified communications for cross functional collaboration is critical for success.
This is a working manager position that will balance leading people and managing Programs/portfolios. The successful Sr. Manager will draw on a diverse background of skills such as people management, project management, technical expertise, risk-based validation, business acumen, and interpersonal savviness.
People Management- Proven ability to lead complex and/or virtual teams. Team player and team builder. Facilitate communication, decision making, and alignment with team members (and internal and external stakeholders).
Leadership- Thrives in a dynamic work environment; has ‘can-do’ attitude. Challenges the status quo and perpetually seeks process improvements. Ability to influence and affect change. Develop strategies and sound recommendations based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs with an intuitive understanding of quality, sourcing, manufacturing, and financial drivers (high level business acumen).
Technical/Validation- Consult on product, process, and testing designs to meet quality, sourcing, manufacturing, and regulatory requirements. Investigate, design, and implement control systems and methods to ensure product quality and equivalency. Advise on technical validation plans and reports. Attention to detail.
Project Management/Project Management Mentor- Exercise scope management with consideration for the customer, project team, and company needs. Identify, document and communicate project risks and contingency plans. Track and communicate project status, plans, issues, timelines, action items, and budgets. Perform statistical analysis to analyze trends, and work with team(s) to conduct root cause analysis and to recommend and implement corrective actions for processes. Deliver training mechanisms for new/modified processes.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications (must have):
- Experience leading people. Managing virtual teams internationally is a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) – ability to communicate across all levels internally and externally.
- Demonstrated leadership, customer oriented and results focused.
- Strong technical background.
- Specific experience writing and executing validation plans and reports, process optimization, DOE, DfX, and VAVE
- Ability to travel. Travel both domestically and internationally <25% of the time.
- BS/MS in a Scientific or Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of industry technical experience (preferably in R&D, manufacturing, or quality).
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Knowledge of enterprise resource systems such as E1 or SAP.
- Knowledge of established Quality Systems, ISO regulations and/or cGMP.
- Advanced Continuous improvement Experience (lean, PPI, Six Sigma, 5S).
- Experience in interacting with external clients, and the ability to present technical content.
- Degree in Plastics Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Equivalent
- Master Molder certification or equivalent