Sr. Manager Marketing - Lab Automation (fully remote)
About the Job
You will provide functional leadership and strategic business partnership as the market development and marketing lead for the Laboratory Automation business unit within the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD). The business comprises customers, activities, employees and partners located across the world.
Your major responsibilities include:
- Managing and directing a global team of marketing professionals. This position is responsible for developing and effectively executing marketing strategies to increase sales for all products and services.
- Responsibility for the identification, creation, and development of current and new market opportunities for Laboratory Automation. The person in this role needs to understand market, product trends and conditions to translate these into market opportunities, generating commercial opportunities for the organization.
- The Senior Manager, Marketing will direct the development of commercial leads for specific products, including KOL and KAM strategy definition, requirements analysis and Public Relations.
- The role will be responsible for creating business plans, drive market and segment penetration, company positioning to drive competitive advantage in relevant industries, and create clear value propositions for technology intensive products and solutions. Will develop and execute KOL and KAM plans to achieve growth and margin objectives consistent with the BU strategic plan.
- You have the overall responsibility for product marketing, i.e. development of value proposition and marketing campaigns, partnering with our commercial teams for maximum impact.
- The role will provide input and direction for new product development. Prepares the vision, market assessment, use cases and necessary document as per the NPD (New Product Development) process.
- You will be a key partner in contributing to the achievement of the Business Unit strategic and operating plan objectives, including a significant role in our cultural transformation.
You possess the ability to quickly grasp the business objectives and strategies of the business unit and thrive working in a truly global organization. You are furthermore capable of continuing to grow and strengthen our talent base and contribute to the overall strengthening of our culture and customer focus.
Key success criteria:
Develops global marketing plans for current and new products (Instruments and Software and thinking in consumables as well) for all addressable markets (Verticals) while keeping an eye on new market developments. Drives go2market strategy including horizontal demand generation
Leveraging Scale (Collaboration): Champion for Laboratory Automation in the division. Manages within a matrixed organization while closely linking with customers, KOLs, 3rd party partners as well as commercial channels, R&D and service organization.
Driving Growth (Commercial Acumen): Grows high margin business and takes significant market share in relevant markets and geographies. Ability to drive growth and profitability across more mature product lines.
Execution Skills: Accountable leader with ability to lead teams to overcome obstacles and optimize opportunities. Experienced in setting operating mechanisms around and achieving KPIs.
People Leadership/Change Management: Builds a great team and great culture. Attracts, engages, and develops top talent at all levels. Inspires, influences, and empowers employees across the matrix (both direct and indirect teams globally) to overachieve objectives. Ability to lead and empower teams to develop impactful short and long-term strategies and action plans and drive for results.
Leading virtual & global teams
Building bridges between technologies and customers
Leading organizational and cultural change
Holistic and inclusive leadership style
Product Marketing experience from Analytical Instruments industry
√ Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business and background in relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or Genetics); MS, Ph.D. or MBA highly desirable
√ Demonstrable senior leadership experience gained within a complex, multi-site, multi-national environment
√ Evidence of working within a matrix managed environment with proven ability to influence and drive change globally
√ Capable of managing multiple stakeholders and encouraging collaboration and alignment in a complex matrix structure
√ Senior generalist marketing expertise as well as experience in transformational leadership
√ Deep understanding of Business Partner methodologies and experience in a professional business environment with customer-focused approach
√ Demonstrable ability to work with business leaders to define and execute marketing strategies that support long term business objectives.
√ Proven success translating science into business strategies that yield positive results.