Sr. Business Systems Analyst
About the Job
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $25 billion and approximately 75,000 employees globally. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
A business analyst (BA) works as a liaison between IT and the business functions they support. A successful BA combines in-depth functional domain knowledge and technical aptitude with a passion for serving others and driving continuous improvement. The business analyst requires a thorough understanding of business processes and expertise in the business systems that enable them. The BA gathers business requirements then designs and implements process and system improvements to drive continuous improvement in quality, capability, and efficiency. He or she provides business application support to colleagues across organizational levels, analyses system, data, and process problems and determines corrective actions, engaging directly with business partners and extended internal and external support teams as needed. The senior business analyst is seen as a domain expert by their colleagues both in the IT department and in functional teams, and they operate as a key partner with their functional counterparts in evaluating the business impact of system enhancements and aligning priorities within a portfolio of business requirements. This specific BA position supports the functional domain of commercial operations, which includes processes such as quotations, order management, customer care, order fulfillment, invoicing, and field service.
- Provide direct triage and troubleshooting support to colleagues and partner with internal and external teams to resolve user reported incidents and fulfill business requests
- Analyze systems, data, and business processes to determine the root cause of issues (e.g. systems logic, business process issues, data quality, etc.) and communicate findings to business and IT colleagues
- Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze business needs and translate into functional design requirements
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to evaluate, design, and recommend business process improvements and system enhancements
- Serve as the conduit between the business community and the broader IT team for production support as well as the requirements, design, testing and implementation phases of small, medium, and large projects
- Facilitate prioritization with key functional partners to ensure resources are allocated in alignment with business needs
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, operations management or engineering (equivalent work experience acceptable)
- 5+ years of Customer-facing experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Commercial and field service systems and application experience required, ERP and CRM preferred
- Comfortable working with colleagues in person and using remote collaboration tools with offsite or offshore teams
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts clearly and concisely to stakeholders
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and develop solutions to address complex problems or issues
- Ability to assume and complete assignments independently and on time
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of leaders, subject matter experts, end users and developers
- Experience supporting quote to cash processes in multiple ERPs including SAP, Baan, Macola or comparable ERP systems
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Oracle CPQ or comparable CRM and quotation systems
- Experience with product configuration and familiarity with master data management processes
- Professional certifications for relevant applications or business functions
- Familiarity with query languages, business intelligence tools, and data analysis methods
- Knowledge of Microsoft O365 suite including collaboration tools like Teams, Planner, To Do or comparable applications
- Understanding of process modeling principles, methods, and tools
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Motivated to drive projects to successful completion, whether leading an initiative, supporting a team, or working independently
- Must be able to balance multiple concurrent priorities and maintain persistent customer focus
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be results driven with excellent attention to detail
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.