Sr Analyst, Data Science
About the Job
If you are passionate about how data science and analytics converge to drive strategic decision-making within a world-leading life science company, then this is the role for you! You are inquisitive, by nature, and tend to always ask the “why” in every situation. Your curious demeanor fuels your insatiable appetite for learning and you have a fascination for results-focused analytics and data-driven decisioning within a large, complex organization. You also need to be a critical thinker with the ability to work with imperfect data and continuously test/learn.
Reporting into the Corporate Data Science Center of Excellence and working closely with divisional Marketing and Commercial teams, you will be responsible for developing and sharing key metrics and attribution best practices for better understanding of data science results/ROI. The ideal candidate will have a strong mathematics/statistical background, combined with a marketing and/or commercial analytics experience, and excellent project management skills.
- Independently derive and standardize key metrics and revenue attribution techniques for data science across digital marketing and commercial channels
- Identify key drivers influencing data science KPI’s, and enable divisional reporting capabilities with alignment of analytics methodologies
- Support ongoing divisional marketing, sales, and digital channel reports/dashboards and support ad hoc deep dives to help data science senior leaders optimize efforts
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Deep knowledge of applied mathematics and/or statistical methods and theories
- Experience analyzing large, complex data sets yielding opportunities for revenue and/or process improvement within an organization
- Database experience with advanced SQL skills
- Programming experience (Python, R) preferred
- 2-5 years working with digital, marketing, and/or sales analytics
- Proven track record of achieving desired results without direct report authority
- Minimal travel required <10%