Senior Manager, Logistics
About the Job
This individual will be leading a team both in the US and internationally to successfully execute our growing transportation business. This position will collaborate with customers, supply partners, and all levels of the internal organization. You will also serve as the subject matter authority and provide guidance to internal and external partners. In addition, you will oversee the cold-chain packaging solutions offered as part of our transportation service. This role will have the opportunity to innovate in order to continually improve our processes, systems, and offerings!
- Lead, develop, and support a team of people to successfully execute our transportation business in the Americas and in APAC.
- Work with customers to understand their supply chain needs, then build a solution utilizing our solution partners.
- Problem solve with internal teammates to ensure our supply base can meet all our customer needs. Work to expand our service offering where needed to ensure all customer expectations are solutioned.
- Quote services and execute the business, ensuring on-time delivery and a quality result (no damage or temperature excursions).
- Drive corrective action where necessary.
- Support internal and external partners as the transportation and cold chain solutions subject matter authority. Provide guidance on packaging solutions, transportation solutions, and import / export needs.
- Continually assess our processes, systems, and talent to ensure we are well equipped to exceed our customer expectations and deliver the expected growth.
- Lead the cold-chain packaging solutions for our network, ensuring the right mixture of cost, quality, supply, and ease of use.
- Support exciting new service offerings such as Direct to Patient services (DtP) and real-time position and temperature monitoring.
- Transition, where appropriate, to environmentally solutions such as reusable containers, recycling programs, and electric vehicle fleets in support of our internal and customers’ carbon friendly goals.
- Create a strong team, supporting their career goals and development.
- Inspire the team to innovate and problem solve, creating a culture of continuous improvement and growth.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Supply Chain management and or Transportation/Logistics.
- International transportation, knowledge of import and export requirements is required.
- Good understanding of GMP/GCP quality standards, preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with shown ability to communicate effectively and persuasively to a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Ability to understand clients’ requirements and to be able to devise and articulate the most appropriate solutions, preferred.