Senior Manager, IVD - Remote
About the Job
Sr. Product Manager, IVD
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, such as helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have a real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Our Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) based in South San Francisco is at the forefront of innovation for genetic analysis research and clinical applications. The Genetic Testing Solutions (GTS) business unit within GSD is a cross-platform organization with a goal of democratizing molecular testing globally to improve global health outcomes and accelerate return to life. The team is dedicated to working across all genetic analysis platforms with a focus on high-growth opportunities – developing products/solutions for key applied clinical markets such as infectious disease, pharmacogenomics, public health, and oncology.
This Sr. Product Manager will develop and manage a portfolio of IVD Products, collaborating with all business functions to ensure their products meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. The portfolio and pipeline include both RUO and IVD products. The Sr. Product Manager will focus primarily on IVD products for infectious disease & other applications centered on molecular testing, with an emphasis on the mid-density platform. In this role, the Sr. Product Manager will collaborate closely with a broad set of supporting functions to ensure the continued growth of on-market products, drive infrastructure and customer experience improvements, and expand our portfolio through new product introductions.
Position open remotely to the following states: CA, TX, UT, OR WA, IL, VA, MA and NC.
Customer & Market Knowledge:
- Knowledge of molecular testing methods utilized in clinical applications and their strengths/differentiation relative to conventional diagnostics methods. Familiar with qPCR, CE, Microarray and NGS platforms, with in-depth knowledge of qPCR.
- Understands use cases and customer needs for qPCR-based testing across formats spanning low to medium density.
- Familiar with global trends on the adoption of molecular testing.
- Understands organizational requirements to design products/solutions, including IT and Manufacturing components.
- Strong execution – demonstrated success working in a global, matrixed-environment; managing worldwide supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio; updating and presenting business analysis regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams.
- Willingness to act, think outside the box and be a champion for the business; influence others without direct authority; take calculated risks, learn from set-backs and repeat; work collaboratively with other members of the product management, sales, marketing, R&D, and manufacturing teams.
- Ability to drive multi-year product strategy and roadmap, including analyzing market trends, customer requirements, competitive strategy, and identifying opportunities for increasing customer and business value through infrastructure improvements, product development, and innovation.
- Understanding of value propositions, how to leverage channel and engage customers, experience with adapting programs and strategies; Developing and presenting compelling training materials for sales teams, technical support and field application scientists.
- Define market trends, customer journeys, buying processes, customer needs and growth areas.
- Create/maintain multi-year product strategy and roadmap; Develop business cases.
- Collaborate with Platform, R&D, Medical and Business Development teams to assess, prioritize and develop content solutions.
- Ensure prioritization and tracking of product management activities – New Product Introductions, Sustaining & Incubation. Infrastructure and customer improvement initiatives will be a key part of the role. Accountable for delivering key milestones on time and aligning to the overall revenue targets.
- Execute consistently on plan targets using metrics to monitor and adjust based on performance against those metrics. Collaborate closely with Finance in business analytics and reporting.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in product management with a focus on genetic testing. Some of this experience can be in related customer-facing roles requiring deep product knowledge such as Field or Technical Applications.
- Strong presence; capability to influence and promote enthusiasm via excellent communications skills.
- Experience and demonstrated aptitude in both managing and prioritizing multiple projects and initiatives. Experience with infrastructure projects involving IT and Manufacturing is a strong plus.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a large and complex organization.
- Experience with financial modeling and data analysis skills. Ability to forecast and track results. Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as PowerBI or Tableau is a plus.
- Experience with qPCR, particularly Gene Expression applications. Familiarity with TaqMan product lines and OpenArray is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required in science, engineering, businesses, economics or related field. MBA or similar advanced degree preferred.