SAP Systems Analyst - SD
About the Job
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
The Systems Analyst will be accountable for SAP project and enhancement assessments and execution matters including service delivery (break/fix). As such, the Systems Analyst will be the key contact for businesses. In addition, the Systems Analyst will provide expertise to and work closely with other groups that support the assessment and delivery of SAP enhancements, projects and support.
What will you do?
- Assessment/blueprinting of enhancements and projects providing ensuring solutions meet or exceed business value propositions and meet architectural policies.
- Effective and efficient delivery of all functional SAP Project Execution activity to ensure that it is delivered in consistent, harmonized and optimal manner within the guidelines of the Project Management Framework (PMF)
- Management and accountability for the achievement of all Metrics (SLAs);
- On time delivery of functional aspects Enhancement and Project assessment requests and blueprinting
- Delivery and support of incident/break/fix and production support
- Manage the various internal and external vendor teams to deliver Change Requests within established SLA’s
- Collaborate with other SAP Functional Leads - Project Execution to deliver a seamless global project execution model. Gather and effectively use data to deliver continuous improvement
- Actively participate in project and enhance reviews
- Mentor other Systems Analysts within the regions
- Partner with the Architecture team to design new solutions to meet business requirements
- Able to articulate solution options and using SAP configuration creatively versus developing enhancements
- Prepare functional specifications for conversions and enhancements
- Coordinate with development team and monitor the progress of developing activities and updating the status with respective teams
- Provide and support user training where appropriate
- Help in the management of Root Cause Analysis for service delivery issues
- Actively participate in Major Incident Management (MIM) calls and Post-Mortem Reviews
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Project Management, Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience acceptable.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of SAP Project Execution/ management experience
- 3 years of experience in a similarly complex technical organization
- Demonstrated experience with project management/delivery / ITIL in a regulated environment
Tool & Technology Skills
- S4 Hana implementation experience
- Agile DevOps experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to set expectations, explain and champion detailed technical concepts to peers, management and business partners
- Ability to translate details into specific tasks needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate information to both technical and non-technical staff and management
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving complex environment
- Proven ability to navigate the technology environment and work effectively with multiple groups around the globe
- Strong negotiation/persuasion and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate and manage in a matrix organization with multiple business partners and IT colleagues on a remote basis
- Must have the ability to question the status quo
- At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.