Project Manager Associate
Thermo Fisher Scientific Allentown, PA
About the Job
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
As part of our global team, what you do contributes directly to our mission; enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
What will you do?
Assist Project Manager by executing tasks that are critical to the completion of a packaging project. Works with other groups as well to provide accurate completion of tasks in a timely manner.
How will you get here?
- Two- or Four-year degree from an accredited college, university or recognized professional degree, preferably in a health-related field.
- Works with the Client and the internal project management team to finalize project specifications. This may include meetings either at Fisher Clinical Services or at the client’s premises.
- Assists in setting up and maintaining study filing systems and maintains accurate records for all work undertaken.
- Joint responsibility with the Project Manager for ensuring that all Fisher Clinical Services activities come together in a timely manner to meet the customer and study requirements.
- Coordination and communication of all relevant activities, both internal and external to ensure that all services and products are ready for the start of the study or as required by the customer.
- Use of appropriate project planning tools to communicate milestones and critical path activities and responsibilities.
- Timely provision of reports and other information to customers if applicable.
- Creates and/ or supports creation of operational documentation using internal systems. Create bill of materials in GPM and coordinate creation and review of billing packages.
- Provides back-up support to the Project manager.
- Monitors project activities and day to day business and establishes a customer approved job specification,
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Requires understanding and competent use of SOPs required by company Quality standards.
- Requires excellent organizational, planning, verbal, written and numerical skills with the ability to analyze and define solutions and manage multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Requires strong and effective communicator with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Requires ability to develop strong customer management skills; proactively anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Requires ability to learn and master all internal systems associated with projects (i.e. Salesforce, GPMS, TrackWise).
- Prefer proficiency in appropriate project planning tools e.g. Microsoft Project to communicate milestones and critical path activities and responsibilities.
- Preferred understanding of clinical trials.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.