Product Support Specialist II
About the Job
Position Objective: To offer concierge service to our OpenArray customers, and creative solutions to key stakeholders.
Nature and Scope: We are looking for an individual who can support all workflows between our customers, sales, internal support teams, and manufacturing teams. They should be able to contribute highly refined skills and behaviors to help build trust and camaraderie with all teams, and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with a customer-first focus.
This position requires a detail-oriented mindset. OpenArray plate orders are proprietary, complex, high dollar, and have significant manufacturing lead times due to their custom nature. These orders are often complicated standing order agreements that require high levels of coordination among multiple teams.
The impact of mistakes in this position may be significant for both the customer and our business.
The ideal candidate would have some understanding of TaqMan assays; experience with Thermofisher.com ordering and design tools; and understanding of our E1 and SAP ERPs. It is also critical that they can build superlative positive relationships within departments.
QSFD Control Desk Job Duties
- Provide support to manufacturing, sales, customers, and global regions for all custom & inventoried OpenArray plates, associated preamp pools, and custom control orders
- Manage OpenArray plate layout requirements and technical options, and make recommendations for optimal plate performance to customers
- Order and manage associated materials and goods for each order during the production phase
- Fulfill both internal and external order specifications accurately
- Manage group email box and assign incoming emails to appropriate team/ member as needed
- Work closely with internal support teams such as product management, finance, planning, and order placement
- Contribute to Practical Process Improvements (PPI), department projects, maintenance tasks, and process documentation
- Train others to complete highly complex processes and procedures, and work collaboratively with peers
Helpful Skills and Attributes
- Fast and efficient
- Detail oriented
- Highly developed communication skills
- Investigative acumen
- Critical thinking
- Comfortable multi-tasking
- Positive outlook
- Pride in “doing it right the first time”
- Technical aptitude
High school diploma or equivalent
BA degree preferred
2 years of related experience or more