About the Job
How Will You Make an Impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
What will you do? ?
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Manager, Procurement has responsibility for direct purchasing activities for the Marsiling, SG site ensuring uninterrupted supply of direct materials and services including raw materials, packaging materials, and NPI’s. This position’s primary objective is to lead and manage a team of procurement professionals responsible for managing the acquisition of inbound materials on time and complete, from approved global and regional suppliers, at competitive costs, as required to support the operations and improve the organization’s profitability. Ultimately the Manager, Procurement needs to balance the objectives of maximum product availability with strategic inventory plans while driving productivity.
What will you do?
- Management of the transactional purchasing team which handle the daily orders, expediting and internal customer service of all raw materials consumed in manufacturing.
- Performance management and development of the Purchasing team, including coaching, employee reviews, compensation, KPI management, and driving to results.
- Effectively enable the Purchasing Organization to achieve strategic objectives.
- Implement inventory control programs including Pay at Consumption and Just-In-Time to achieve cash flow objectives without compromising material availability.
- Manage formalized risk mitigation programs to reduce vulnerability of supply chain interruptions.
- Develop effective supplier management relationships focused on availability, quality & cost.
- Drive site projects aligning business processes and tools.
- Act as a liaison between employees, internal support areas, and other departments.
- Present procurement strategies, processes, and policies to internal and external customers.
- Understand regulatory & market requirements and their impacts on the supply chain.
- Proficient and effective implementation of change management.
- Maintain a positive results oriented attitude that promotes teamwork with peers, subordinates, commercial, operations, other support functions, and suppliers while driving significant change.
- Stay abreast of industry Best Practices, current / future policies and procedures, regulatory / trade requirements, and market dynamics appropriate to function.
- Optimize utilization of ERP/MRP in an Make To Order & Make To Stock environment
- Achieve financial goals of the Procurement and Operations organizations.
- Lead and/or participate on continuous process improvement teams.
How will you get here?
- BS in business, engineering, supply chain management, or technical oriented field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- APICS, CPSM or equivalent certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with increased responsibility and complexity in Purchasing or Sourcing required.
- Experience with ERP systems, placing and managing purchase orders.
- 3-5 years of people management experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of program or project management and/or process improvement experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Results Driven: An accountable leader that has experience in exceeding the business KPIs and fiscal requirements routinely. A leader that is constantly testing the metrics and re-tensioning to ensure the team is evolving to a new improved standard. A Leader with a proven track record of achieving stretch goals, holding self and teams accountable to meet commitments.
- People Leadership: Experienced transformational leader. Demonstrated strong people leadership skills that creates a culture of ownership throughout the organization. Experience must include demonstrated team development, building a great team and great culture. This person must attract, engage, develop, and retain top talent at all levels, including creating culture of ownership and collaboration with other functions. Inspires, influences, and empowers employees across the matrix (both direct and indirect teams) to overachieve objectives. Decisive leader with ability to empower teams to develop impactful short and long-term strategies and action plans driving results.
- Influential Strategic Partner in a matrix environment: The Manager, Procurement will be a strategic thinker who has input and influence in the direction of the site. As a member of the site’s operations leadership team it is crucial the individual is an active participant ensuring their perspective is heard and provides regular input. Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Drives Strategic Vision & Purpose: Experienced in developing and executing a clear, concise and measurable strategic plan that is aligned to the needs of the business. Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Customer Focus: Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer centric solutions. Fosters a customer focused environment and ensures that organizational resources and support are focused on meeting customer needs.
- Technical knowledge of life sciences manufacturing preferred
- High degree of comfort utilizing the Microsoft Suite and reporting tools preferred
- Experience operating in PRMS/AS400 or Oracle/JDE E1 MRP systems a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.