On-Site Service Engineer, Solothurn
About the Job
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
We are currently looking for an
On-Site Service Engineer to support on of our large customers in Solothurn
- Responsible to deliver all service activities as a single point of contact for a big Pharmaceutical company.
- Maintenance and validation services
- General customer support
- Analysis of instrument failures
- Support at the technical Hotline
- Contributes to the overall Service Targets with respect to Bookings, Revenues, Service Profit and Overhead Cost while following all internal rules, processes and practices (as they are described)
- Performs all Service Activities in line with internal rules and customer regulations
- Assure responsive telephone support and diagnostic as well as on-site Services to exceed the customers’ expectation and making them successful by using TMO instruments.
- Actively promote our contract products.
- Always ensure highest professional relationship with our customer base to achieve customer loyalty and escalate issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible
- Follow our ethical business conduct guidance.
- Is responsible to manage the company's assets provided, such as Car Stock/Inventory of Parts, Computer, Telephone, general Tools, Software, Company Car and Manuals etc.
- Optimize the own work schedule by coordinating with all the necessary partners for service planning/scheduling (Dispatching function, Team Leader, others).
- Is responsible to report accurate and timely of all activities as required (e.g. Field Service Reports, Expense Reports, etc.)
- Assures alignment of all activities at the customer site with the rest of TMO and informs other part of TMO of important information with respect to our customers (e.g. information about new purchases to sales/lead generation)
- Technical education or chemical background
- Fluent in German, both verbal and written
- Good English skills, both verbal and written
- Driving license
- Excellent inter-personal, self-motivational and negotiating skills
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region. For training or special calls, international traveling including all EMEA Territory and the US is required.
- Professional background in Mechanics, Electronics or related subjects
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in the technical customer service area
- Very good PC skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- Knowledge in French is an advantage
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.