About the Job
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do meaningful work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced operations professional. The role is located in Franklin, MA and will have a key impact on the success of the Environmental and Process Monitoring (EPM) Business Unit. EPM is a $285M standalone, Global and fast-growing BU within the Chemical Analysis Division (CAD).
How will you make an impact?
Together we will be leading change as a groundbreaking, hands-on and informative leaders, mentoring our team and implementing strategic and tactical plans to drive operational efficiencies and process improvements. Our dedication to Quality is at the heart of our brand and vital to our growth and success! That's especially meaningful at EPM where delivering a Quality product enables our Customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
What will you do?
- Manage labor needs across multiple departments to improve the labor efficiency.
- Hands on leadership to drive the operational efficiencies and process improvements.
- Work with R&D on new product introductions (Design for Manufacturing).
- Partner with Quality on RCCM for customer complaints and CFPY to increase yields.
- Manage transition from traditional leadership to a self-managed workforce.
- Mentor team members to achieve results and solve problems by utilizing the tier management system.
- Enable team to reach their career aspirations through the creation of effective IDP and mentoring.
How will you get here?
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- Training in Lean Sigma/Six Sigma processes. Green or Black belt certification preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of operations experience in a regulated industry.
- A demonstrated ability to managing, leading and developing a team.
- Experience influencing direct report and peers.
- Empower a culture of change.
- Proven experience as a "Champion for Quality"!
- Experience working with and managing multiple projects and teams simultaneously across a matrixed organization.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- A decisive leader who is able to encourage and empower teams across cultures and geographies and can clearly articulate goals and objectives
- Extensive knowledge of Problem-Solving techniques such as 8D, DMAIC, PPS, A3, etc.
- Excellent relationship building and persuasion skills with the ability to empower and influence others.
- Ability to travel (both domestic and internationally) and interface successfully with external customers and commercial teams