Manufacturing Engineer 2
About the Job
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As a team member of this growing organization, you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to define their contributions to the world!
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting the production line by ensuring the manufacturing process meets or exceeds expected quality levels, and pursues continuous process improvement activities to reduce or eliminate waste. Work multi-functionally with Quality Assurance and Engineering to continuously improve quality for key system components, assemblies, and products by implementing process controls and implementing effective quality assurance plans. We are looking for a technical leader able to partner cross functionally within the organization to drive the business forward!
- Develop, improve, implement and validate new and/or improved manufacturing processes primarily for filling and packaging processes to reduce cost.
- Work closely with process validation and quality assurance team to develop processes, procedures, and specifications.
- Collect, analyze, and report data to gain a deeper understanding of processes and identify strategic improvement opportunities.
- Experience using SQL, EXCEL, and SAP or similar ERP systems
- Apply and analyze testing and inspection procedures/methods.
- Support manufacturing personnel with troubleshooting assembly or functional test failures.
- Use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices.
- Verify by evidence that products, processes, and operations meet specified requirements.
- Ground operations in efficiency and process requirements
- Responsible for reviewing quality requirements flow and documentation related to manufacturing processes to ensure quality products are delivered.
- Maintain strict compliance with ISO13485, cGMP, QSR and other applicable Quality Management System standards
- BS/BA in Science or related Engineering field; Life Sciences preferred.
- A minimum of 5+years of Manufacturing Engineering or Quality Engineering experience within a regulated industry (e.g. medical device, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food industry, etc.).
- Experience in implementing automation for production line efficiency.
- Familiar with ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 sampling standards.
- Have the ability to collect and analyze data and information, problem-solve, draw conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Plan and budget for required investments and supporting tooling for manufacturing processes.
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing, the 5S’s, Kaizen.
- Proficient of Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to work independently with minimal mentorship, prioritize, lead multiple activities, and adjust to changing priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- CQE (Quality Engineer Certification) or Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) is a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 outstanding minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer!