Learning Engineer - Global Business Transformation
About the Job
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As a Learning Engineer within the Global Business Transformation & PPI Business System Function, you will be responsible for providing support to a high-performing, global, continuous improvement organization and will develop and launch learning programs to build capabilities across our approximate 5000 colleagues in the Customer Channels Group (CCG) and improve processes that impact our colleagues and our nearly 240,000 customers worldwide.
As part of the Organizational Learning & Enablement Team, the Learning Engineer will apply science of learning principles, evidence-based research, qualitative and quantitative cognitive task analysis, and data-driven methods to design, create, and improve educational resources and technologies that enable our colleagues and customers to succeed. The right candidate will be a tech-savvy, self-motivated, creative instructional designer with a blend of digital, virtual and in-person training expertise who is eager to reimagine and develop learning and development solutions based on ever-changing business needs.
What will you do?
- Use eLearning design principles and data-driven methods to create innovative and effective training content (online courses, job aids, videos, etc.) which can be directly and immediately applied on the job by participants to fill specific business needs and drive improvements across the organization.
- Evaluate existing curricula for effectiveness, instructional soundness, and alignment with training objectives while looking for opportunities to continuously improve / modernize our training approach.
- Manage the design, development and upkeep of Global Business Transformation & PPI Business System iConnect sites / pages to ensure on-demand access to important information; Use PowerAutomate flows to automate process and integrate systems.
- Effectively manage administration of the Learning Management System including creating and managing course information, enrolling colleagues, tracking attendance, and closing / inactivating courses.
- Regularly audit and maintain a current database of updated and new training materials and templates (including Miro and Workfront templates) as well as archive obsolete training materials.
- Grow the Global Business Transformation & PPI Business System influence and brand by regularly sharing team successes using various outlets; Liaise with Corporate Communications to execute the team communication strategy and with the Creative Studio to design, produce and deliver training and branding assets.
- Support onboarding / offboarding new team members by assigning / removing access levels, updating team surveys, updating team email distribution lists, updating org charts, etc.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years of experience in Instructional Design with emphasis on virtual training preferred
- Experience with an e-learning authoring tool such as Storyline, Captivate, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Expert level Microsoft Office 365 skills, including familiarity with MS 365 Apps
- Strong design skills (audio, video, photo)
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with natural ability to capture attention from a learning audience
- Trouble-shooting skills
- Endless curiosity and drive for continuous improvement
- Artificial Intelligence experience
- Machine Learning experience
- Educational data mining experience
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (SuccessFactors) to upload content, enroll learners, track completions, etc.
- Project management experience
- Process Improvement experience
- Qualified PPI Process Manager (PM) or Sr. PM
- Cultural awareness with ability to communicate with and create training for a global audience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.