About the Job
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part a growing organization that empowers our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With our outstanding financial performance, leading market positions and the largest investment in innovation in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The HR Director (HRD) is a strategic business partner to select Functional leaders, and their teams to translate business strategy into HR strategy and organizational needs to HR solutions and plans. This role will support the Functional leaders’ goals to hire, engage, and develop top talent and build the organizational capabilities required for short and long-term business success.
What will you do?
- Global responsibility to develop HR strategy, solutions and strategic workforce plans that align to the business and functional strategy and objectives.
- Facilitates organizational diagnosis and metrics to drive organizational effectiveness through talent and organizational capabilities and culture.
- Acts as a catalyst for change; guides and directs organizational design, development and change management solutions.
- Develops robust talent management plans and drives culture change initiatives to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles
- Coaches senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues including development, engagement, and talent performance and issues which could have the potential to create a competitive advantage for the business.
- Builds organizational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate leadership team (i.e., team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, manager capability, etc.)
- Keeps abreast of industry, market and functional trends, and leverages these insights to develop appropriate business unit HR strategies and solutions.
- Evaluates work requests from across the organization and determines prioritization in collaboration with the business and in alignment with the HR model.
- Manages HR resources and priorities, commissions HR solutions via the HR Generalist or HR Specialists or third party vendors, as appropriate, aligning to business and HR goals and leads successful implementation of initiatives.
- Helps guide Center of Excellence (COE) owners in the shaping of appropriate and innovative HR solutions.
- Ensures activities throughout the region are core, common and consistent.
- Stays abreast of changes in HR law and important issues which could impact the business and shares knowledge with business and HR teams.
- Represents HR on functional leadership teams
- Ensures fairness and organizational consistency with our 4-I Values in everything we do.
How will you get here?
- BA/BS required, MA/MS/MBA preferred
- Human Resources Business Partner from a large multi-national company with 7+ years of successful experience and a minimum of 2 years as senior HR generalist and/or business partner supporting leaders in a global business unit.
- Experience as a strategic business partner with credibility as a trusted advisor and confidant to people leaders on business issues and business strategy with the ability to link human resources as a driver and influencer of business performance.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and initiatives have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- Must have led/been directly involved in significant change management initiatives in prior roles.
- Ability to develop solid and positive professional relationships with senior leadership, subordinates and peers in a heavily matrixed environment
- Self motivated; bias for action
- Effective negotiating skills with proven ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to use a high level of tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy/understanding in a global environment across multiple cultures.
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage short term deliverables concurrent with longer-term strategic milestones.
- Strong presentation skills with experience presenting to senior leaders
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.