Health Systems Executive
About the Job
The Health System Executive is responsible for moving Health System (hospitals, large healthcare organizations,) customers from the implementation phase of our diagnostic testing to revenue recognition. They will support overall growth in health system accounts that have IDD instruments, with a focus on allergy business. The HSE will be responsible for the orchestration and proper use of available resources working with the commercial team to ascertain and act on opportunities for growth and optimized lab utilization. Where such growth opportunities exist, the role will act as the primary liaison between the customer and IDD Commercial personnel.
- Lead the support commercial team and “own” the tactical plan to drive growth within the assigned customer market that have IDD instruments. Develop the strategy and the tactics to increase utilization.
- Lead Health System Clinical Sales Consultants (HSE & CSC) to execute on the Health System account initiatives once commitment is received.
- Collaborate with the Strategic Account Manager and Regional Manager – Lab, to identify and execute on new opportunities for growth (e.g. menu expansion)
- Develop and cultivate advocacy to drive sales and market growth collaborating with established customer assignment.
- Provide business insight and value to retain customer and enhance customer relationship.
- Persuasively articulate the clinical and economic case for expanded testing at the highest executive levels within these institutions and to have a working knowledge of the dynamics of healthcare delivery.
- Understand the dynamics of healthcare delivery as it relates to creating open reimbursement access for diagnostic testing (including knowledge of the healthcare systems, hospitals, laboratory providers, payers, key players, influencers/thought leaders in the medical community)
- Understand and effectively articulate our compelling business case and economic value proposition to our customers within IDNs, GPOs, ACOs, regional healthcare systems, providers, payers, and hospital laboratories;
- Collaborate on sales & marketing efforts with internal team
- Participate in district meetings for training purposes, product information updates, and sharing field intelligence information.
- Assist with growth and development of the sales team by providing training, guidance & assistance as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in business (or healthcare related field), with a minimum of five years successful experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical or medical diagnostic sales and/or sales management;
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- A detailed understanding of the complexities of healthcare delivery systems and a thorough understanding of healthcare finance/accounting and provider/payer economics;
- Superior communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively and in matrix environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Strategic Selling and complex selling skills
- Significant drive for results
- Ability to lead without authority to achieve desired sales results
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and be well organized
- Must have superior listening skills, a genuine customer focus, and a passion for satisfying the customer;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and effective oral and written communication skills;
- Effectively persistent and persuasive, while also being appropriately flexible and resilient, in order to respond to changing business and customer needs;
- Must be able to effectively strategize both independently and collaboratively to develop plans to maximize pull through sales with individual hospitals and IDNs.
- Should have a solid background in market and account development, creating and implementing successful business strategies that drive market and sales growth.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.