Financial Controller Central Services
About the Job
Financial Controller - Central Services
Thermo Fisher Scientific in Eindhoven has an exciting opportunity at offer for a Financial Controller. In this position you will have global exposure, a role in which you will act as a business partner to our logistics organisation, as well as involvement in process improvement projects.
The Central Services Controller is the business partner of the Central Service Director. This role supports the three departments within Central Services - Global Tech Support, Service Logistics and Technical Training and Documentation. This person will also support the Service Transformation Office (STO) and Innovation & Marketing (I&M).
Financial Reporting, Planning & Analysis
- Forecasting and budget process for Central Service (departments), STO and I&M.
- Drive inventory optimization and monitor PPI savings and pipeline.
- Supports the tracking, forecasting of Service Inventory and related logistics expenses, including E&O and Scrap.
- Yearly cost roll update for all standard cost and repair charges, including impact assessment.
- Ensure internal controls are in place and maintained and manage relationship with auditors.
Management and Business Support
- Partners with Central Service Director to meet and exceed financial targets.
- Provides financial guidance and support to central service staff.
- Acts as a Business Partner to regional finance teams.
- Identifies financial and business risks and supports developing mitigation strategies.
- University education with an Accounting or Finance background.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a controlling/similar position.
- Strong analytical skills, able to zoom-in to the detail as well as maintain helicopter view.
- Strong results driven orientation.
- Strong communication skills - able to relate well to various levels in the organization and to build up strong work relationships.
- Professional Excel skills, affinity to information systems and Big Data.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.