Field Service Engineer
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join our Clinical Diagnostics Service and Support team. As Field Service Engineer, you will install, service and repair a range of our clinical analyzers that are based at customer sites.
This is a field-based role with frequent travel on a weekly basis (75-100% of work time) to customer sites across Sweden and the other Nordic countries. When not travelling, you will be able to work from home. We are ideally looking for candidates within commuting distance of Uppsala, Sweden, but are open to candidates based in other locations (within Sweden).
As a global company, we offer fantastic career development opportunities and training resources, with a number of exciting career pathways dependent on your particular interests and skills. We will provide full product training when you start in role, with ongoing support as you find your feet.
What will you do?
- Support our customers by providing troubleshooting, installation, Preventative Maintenance (PM), repair services, verification and qualification services in a professional and timely manner
- Be familiar with and follow policies around handling of spare parts: ordering, usage, returns and inventory
- Collaborate and communicate with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes
- Provide basic product training on our instrumentation to our customers
- Report all activities on Service Max
- Maintain technical competency by attending trainings, employee meetings and remaining up to speed on new products, markets, customers and competitors
- Act as a Thermo Fisher Ambassador
Who we are looking for:
- A degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or similar), or equivalent work experience and knowledge
- Several years’ experience as a Field Service Engineer, working with IVD instrumentation or medical devices (essential)
- Comfortable working in a customer-facing role, with a customer-focussed mindset
- Fluent in English and Swedish (essential); additional Nordic languages a plus
- A valid Driver’s Licence (essential)
- Familiarity with CRM packages such as Salesforce or Siebel an advantage
- Leadership skills with ability to to proactively take the lead on key projects
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Self-sufficient; comfortable working independently with minimal oversight; logical mindset in setting work priorities
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Incentive bonus
- Company car
- Generous benefits package
- Excellent career progression as part of a global company
We look forward to receiving your application in English. If you have any questions about the role, you can contact the Recruiter, Emma Lundie, at: email@example.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.