Field Service Engineer II
About the Job
As part of the Instrument and Enterprise Services (IES) team (ULS brand), you have the opportunity to join a community of engineers who have strong customer relationships and solid technical knowledge within our Laboratory Products Division (LPD). At Thermo Fisher Scientific, we enable you to work autonomously and provide field service support to many different customers while developing your professional skills at the same time.
What will you do?
- Repair, install, and maintain a variety of laboratory equipment products including incubators, centrifuges, cold storage (refrigerators and freezers) and other equipment as needed
- Perform calibrations & validations
- Install & service remote monitoring devices (basic networking skills desirable)
- Schedules and completes thorough preventative maintenance service to assure peak up-time of customer equipment
- Understand customers’ needs to best promote service contracts, services, and new equipment.
- Manage expenses and spare parts inventory in a timely and accurate manner
- Document daily service actions through the company work order database
- Maintains courteous, and knowledgeable communication with customer to ensure alignment of all aspects of the service event (status, cost, scheduling, etc.)
How will you get there?
- Strong electronic/electrical and mechanical background preferred, refrigeration experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge working with basic test equipment such as DMM, tachometer, temperature devices, etc.
- Demonstrated mastery of LPD product lines with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to mentor and train other engineers with difficult service calls that require technical expertise
- Ability to operate computers, smartphones and related software efficiently
- Ability to work independently diagnosing and troubleshooting with schematics, diagrams, service manuals and other technical documentation
- Associates Degree in Electronics or Engineering or equivalent education/experience
- Accredited trade school certification- HVAC/R or Electronic Technician preferred
- EPA Certification preferred
- Ability to lift 50 lbs with assistance, and carry 25-30 Lbs. continuously throughout the day
- Must adhere to customer clean room environments and wear appropriate Personal Protective attire as required
- Ability to drive frequently within territory and travel overnight if necessary
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.