Electrical Engineer III
About the Job
Job Title: Electrical Engineer III
Requisition ID: 133075BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Chelmsford, MA | Laboratory Products Division
How will you make an impact?
You will support Product Optimization Engineering team with the design and manufacturing of Water Analysis Instruments used in industrial and lab environments. There will be a focus on design and quality enhancements to current products while interfacing with Manufacturing Engineering, R&D, Compliance, Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Product Management groups.
What will you do?
- Optimize current product designs to improve quality, reduce costs, improve regulatory compliance and resolve obsolescence issues
- Test and troubleshoot current production test fixtures/programmers
- Identify and evaluate replacement PCB components, specifications, testing, and analysis as needed
- Re-design PCB’s due to obsolete components or for enhanced product performance
- Troubleshoot systems and components for timely resolution of quality and production issues
- Self-manage engineering projects with minimal guidance
How will you get here?
- Bachelors Science in Electrical Engineering, Associates Degree can be substituted with 3+ years of experience
- PCBA layout and design experience (Pads), preferably within the instrumentation/laboratory equipment industry
- Prior experience with design, test and troubleshoot functional production test fixtures.
- Software knowledge with C+, LabVIEW, Lab windows
- Engineering project management experience is preferred
- Familiar with Bill of Materials (BOM) and ERP software (SAP, Oracle)
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience with communication protocols such as Modbus, RS232, and Ethernet
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to communicate and work well in cross functional team environments
- Proficient in working independently from engineering documents
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.