About the Job
Job Title: Design Drafter / Electrical
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Location: Santa Clara
BioProduction provides our biotechnology and biopharmaceutical customers with integrated solutions across the entire bioproduction workflow. This position will reside in the Operations Engineering department and will manage commercial projects involving Bioprocess Equipment and Automation.
How will you make an impact?
The Bioproduction division is seeking a talented Electrical Drafter who will produce electrical schematics and other documentation to support the Electrical Engineers and Program Managers.
What will you do?
- Contribute to department/unit teamwork, adapts to change and fast working environment
- Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong customer focus
- Read and interpret work instructions
- Work effectively with minimal supervision
- Be organized and effectively work on multiple projects at the same time
- Coordinate work with Project Engineers, Purchasing, Manufacturing, etc
- Assist engineers in resolving manufacturing issues
- Have moderate impact on design, project schedules, manufacturing methods/standardization
How will you get here?
- HS Diploma/GED or Associate’s degree in computer aided design/drafting.
- 3+ years of AutoCAD experience.
- Creating and managing technical Bills of Materials
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to design electrical / control system panels and schematics
- Ensures that anticipated problems in manufacture, assembly, installation, and operation are resolved by the drawings produced
- Familiarity with PLM system (e.g. Agile)
- Work with suppliers and customers to resolve documentation issues
- Ability to update designs from verbal or written instructions
- Excellent attention to detail required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.