Director, Covid Management Office
About the Job
The Director of COVID Management Office – BioProduction Division (BPD) is responsible for enabling successful execution of COVID programs enabling our customers to support scale up of critical vaccines and therapeutics for pandemic recovery efforts.
The COVID program is focused on capturing the full potential and supporting our customers as they scale to meet demand by building operating mechanisms and cross functional alignment. This role will oversee a number of workstreams focused on customer outcomes from opportunity identification through to customer delivery and be strategically focused on enhancing business processes to deliver for our customers.
Additionally, the Director performs continuous analysis and monitoring of the workstreams and provides strategic direction that enables successful execution consistent with BPD & company expectations. The role will work closely with the BioProduction Group and Division Leadership team, functional business partners and other stakeholders to ensure workstreams deliver their goals and risks are identified early with risk mitigation plans established.
• Drive quarterly and monthly goal setting process with leadership; set priorities for the COVID program
• Identify issues, frame and facilitate executive decisions and input needed
• Develop materials to support Executive Sponsor, CLT, and Division meetings
• Provide SWAT analytical and program management support across workstreams
• Support daily/weekly cadence of COMO office, including agenda-setting and material creation
• Drive ongoing engagement across workstreams; Identify and manage workstream interdependencies
• Pressure test and provide feedback on workstream plans; Support issue resolution
• Drive metrics, dashboarding, and tracking processes
• Work with the Division Functional leaders to drive improvements in all aspects of the customer experience (sales, customer care, market development, supply chain, and support)
• Drive initiatives that optimize efficiency, productivity, and effectiveness of the COVID Management Office
How will you get here?
- MBA and/or Bachelors’ Degree in business, science, technology discipline along with significant Project Management experience
- 5-10 years of experience with successful business, program or project management and execution of large/cross functional projects and programs
- Demonstrated success achieving results to schedule, budget, scope
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong business acumen
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into sound project solutions
- Ability to prepare and present to executives
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational influence skills to inspire and lead change
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to interact professionally and build collaborative partnerships with a diverse group: executives, managers, and subject matter experts within functional support areas
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.