Digital Quality Systems (DQS) Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
About the Job
Job Title: Digital Quality Systems (DQS) Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
Requisition ID: 156781BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This role can be based remotely anywhere in the U.S. or Canada (prefer candidates to be based on the East Coast).
How will you make an impact?
The Digital Quality Systems (DQS) Sr. BI Analyst builds Global Quality Metrics dashboards and manages associated reporting data systems. He / She is responsible for building interactive data visualization interfaces with the goal of monitoring global site performance and improving existing Quality Metrics. This resource is expected to work closely the Global Quality leadership team, IT and with the DQS Data and Intelligence Integration teams.
What will you do?
- Translates business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions ( Reports & Dashboards)
- Design, build Trackwise queries based on business need.
- Supports Quality Metric management and Quality data analytics related activities.
- Works with the various business teams to ensure that existing data quality is improved and expanded (includes importing, transforming and modeling data as needed).
- Supports the active management of quality metrics (identify trends, generate forecasts & identify improvement opportunities).
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual Quality Metrics reports for executive committee members and site Quality management based on a defined delivery schedule and provides ad hoc reports as required.
- Improves efficiencies of Global Quality Metrics data management and distribution.
- Influence and upskill leadership in the area of quality health visual management including the adoption of interactive data visualization software platforms such as Spotfire, Power BI and Tableau.
- Develops and provides coaching, training and support to Global network on Quality Metrics and data availability.
- Designs, and organizes, data analytics and quality intelligence SharePoint sites and subsites, including creating and managing site workflows.
- Collaborates with different PSG functions to optimize our Metrics and associated Business Processes.
- Works with quality metrics owners & other stakeholders to evolve Metrics Definitions and continuously improve reporting approaches.
- Assesses, and recommends, novel technologies in support of deriving and managing Quality Intelligence.
- Communicates metric variance, and stability, to stakeholders frequently and as needed.
- Supports the development of business workflows designed to respond to quality metric variance leveraging a Practical Process Improvement operating model.
- Supports other business needs, as required.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering and/or Business with at least 5 years of work experience in the area of Quality Systems, Business Intelligence, DBMS, Data Analytics, Dashboard development and Metric Management.
- Over 3+ years of experience building interactive dashboards using Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI etc.
- Hands on experience with TrackWise eQMS, Workflows, group categories, user roles, admin queries/triggers, dynamic queries etc.
- Experience with Pharmaceutical Quality Systems (Trackwise, Change control, deviations, complaint management, documentation management, among others).
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a regulated industry.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Mathematical Aptitude
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- SQL Queries expertise
- Digital project management fluency (Electronic Kanban Boards, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Atlassian, Asana etc.).
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with internal stakeholder and clients using Storytelling and Emphatic Communication techniques.
- Proficient in the use of visual communication software such as Prezi and Power Point.
- This position requires ability to work with computers.
- Up to 15% travel may be required.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.