Commercial Internship Programme - Darmstadt, Germany
About the Job
Commercial Internship Programme Germany
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. Therefore we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world and we spend the largest investment in R&D in the industry to stay ahead of competition and succeed sustainable.
How will you make an impact?
You will possess the desire, attitude and drive to work in a commercial environment. The 12 month Commercial internship is designed to offer you the opportunity to develop insight into our broad product portfolio and introduce you to selling skills while conducting meaningful work within the Inside Sales team.
You will begin the programme full time for the summer months ( min 3 months) then you will work part time hours when study begins from Sept/Oct 2021 then complete your thesis placement with us
What you will do?
During your programme you will have direct interactions with customers to develop new relationships
You will support our customers and provide the best possible sales representation for Thermo Fisher Scientific.
As part of the Inside Sales team you will be in daily contact with numerous customers from research organizations, start-up companies or public institutions. Your engagement and level of commitment will ensure that our clients will get the right selection of products that will fit their current and future needs. Your guidance will help them navigate through our organization and processes and receive the best support which will ensure they are on their way to reaching their goals.
Being part of the Inside Sales team you will be introduced to many diverse parts of the function and have a wide portfolio of tasks to complete. Test your natural curiosity in providing technical advice to customers proactively, educating customers on our products and services and create potential business leads to rolling out sales action plans to project and measure your business progress.
How will you get here?
- You will have achieved your science degree and be studying a science masters qualification
- Initial business experience in sales or any other customer-facing role could be an advantage
- You have the ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously, you meet deadlines and you can prove to be reliable in your communication and in your actions
- You enjoy working in a team
- You have strong sales, communication and relationship building skills
- You also have excellent administration and organization skills and the ability to prioritize and time manage various tasks
- Goal driven orientation
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and desire to succeed
- Exhibit a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing business environment
- You are computer literate in 'Microsoft Office' – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.