Chem.Lab Technician - BU
About the Job
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This position is responsible for performing quality control testing of intermediates, finished product in accordance with the shipping schedule and production requirements to ensure high levels of customer service delivery.
- To perform assigned quality control testing and interpret data findings / Analysis reports.
- To operate and maintain QC laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- To sample chemicals to obtain a representative sample.
- To maintain high levels of housekeeping within work area.
- The job holder is to play an active role in the Company’s commitment to Process improvement and efficiency in QC operations to increase safety, Quality and performance.
- To support other member of QA & QC team members to achieve timelines set to ensure our customer experience is world class.
- Liaising with the QC Lead ops and other departments to ensure that analysis is carried out on time and in line with customer expectations including escalation of departmental issues.
- To operate any equipment and conduct your day to duties according to current procedures and appropriate Health and Safety precautions
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing activities on site.
- Play a part in departmental tier meeting structure and support departmental reporting.
- Must have good time-management skills and can work – Essential
- Independently to manage day to day work load – Essential
- Must have good attention to detail, accuracy and work to tight Deadlines - Essential
- Can multi-task and adapt to changing priorities - Essential
- Must be efficient and self-motivated - Essential
- Must be willing to learn all aspects of Quality Control – Essential
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels - Essential
- Excellent organisational skills - Essential
- Ability to work in a team – Essential
- Experience of data analysis and interpretation of data results
Would be advantageous
- A qualification in science, especially related to analytical chemistry - would be advantageous though not essential
- Experience in the Chemical Industry and of QA & QC – Desirable
- Experience within a chemical environment - Essential