Business Analyst III, Services (Materials & Structural Analysis)
About the Job
Thermo Fisher continues to lead in the advancement and unification of our customers field service experiences, and with this position you will be a key part of an exciting and fast paced IT team that drives development and deployment of digital technology through our service businesses. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead cross divisional process standardization, efficiency improvements with process simplification and automation, and integrated technologies that work across teams; all through the continued development of a common global service platform.
As a Business Analyst – Materials and Structural Analysis Division you will align Business and Information Technology (IT) strategies and priorities, plan technology projects and programs that enhance business value, and deliver technology solutions tightly coupled with business process to achieve desired outcomes. You will work closely with IT and business leadership to partner on strategy, processes, services and overall roadmap. You will provide guidance to the business regarding technology and analyze the impact on the organization when making project or program decisions.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Take a lead role on assigned projects to gather, verify and prioritize user requirements often in the form of user stories to develop solutions and alternatives.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Serve as the conduit between the user community and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates within the Agile process
- Liaise between the business, technology teams and support teams
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- BS Degree or HS Diploma with 5 years of work experience in business analysis
- Experience with aligning business strategy with technology roadmaps.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Strong project management skills and understanding of project management lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience