Tender Greens is seeking a Cashier/Front of House team member who is primarily responsible for greeting guests and providing great service while suggestive selling, processing orders, maintaining the cleanliness of the dining area and restroom, and ensuring safety standards are adhered to.
Who are we?
Tender Greens delivers inspired food, friendly service, and great value in a comfortable space. At Tender Greens we believe that everybody is equally important to our mission. Our menu reflects the best of the season and is prepared with simplicity, skill and most importantly PASSION! We challenge ourselves, and each other, to be the best.
What will you help us do?
As a Cashier/Front of House team member, you are a member of the front of house team and are equally responsible for achieving our mission of providing each guest with a truly wonderful experience as well as;
- Greeting all guests in a friendly manner and offer suggestions regarding menu item, additional add on items and limited time offers
- Entering orders into the point-of-sale system and handling credit card transactions
- Responsible for Front of House set up and/or clean up and maintaining the organization and cleanliness
- Assisting with take-out orders
- Ensuring guests are served quickly, efficiently and in a pleasant manner
- Understanding company’s safety policies and exhibiting compliance to required safety standards
- Clearing tables quickly and efficiently.
- Sanitizing tables, chairs, and any other high touch areas.
- Carrying dishes, silverware, and glassware to the kitchen for washing as needed.
- Upkeeping restroom including- sanitizing restroom on an hourly basis, restocking soap, toilet paper and paper towels
- Refilling drinks (where applicable), restocking silverware, and glassware, engaging the guests in light conversation when appropriate and helping the guest have a great dining experience.
- Practice safe handling procedures by following all safety and sanitation guidelines; promote safety in the workplace.
- Maintain a professional and presentable appearance according to the Company’s Uniform Policy.
- Work as a team to achieve Company goals and standards.
- Supporting other areas of the restaurant as necessary, such as setup, cleanup, prep work, and equipment maintenance as well as other duties as assigned.
We challenge ourselves, and each other, to be the best. What do we look for?
- Prior work experience preferred; particularly in a high volume restaurant or retail environment
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old
- A warm, helpful and customer focused nature
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must enjoy and be able to succeed in a fast-paced work environment
- A high level of resourcefulness in solving problems, takes initiative, be a results oriented individual
- Ability to understand and meet restaurant standards for health, safety, and excellence.
- Ability to remain alert and focused in an environment that is noisy and fast-paced.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on restaurant needs
Why work at Tender Greens?
- We offer competitive pay + tips
- Free meals during shifts and discount while off the clock
- Opportunities for development and growth
- A fun and inspiring work environment
- Flexible hours based on restaurant needs; will make every effort to work with you on your requirements
- You want to be part of an amazing team
What abilities are needed to be successful in this role?
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Some bending/kneeling/stooping required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a hot kitchen environment
- Must be able to place plates, utensils, pans, and cases on both high and low shelves.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors
Hourly Rate: $16.40 + Tips