Technical Support Specialist
About the Job
Job Title: Technical Support Specialist
Requisition ID: 131744BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Analytical Instruments Group
How will you make an impact?
Provide technical support and consultation to service personnel and customers, primarily in North American marketplace but occasionally to the rest of the World. The position will be supporting the FTIR product line of instruments, including but not limited to iCAP 6000/7000 ICP series, iCAP Q ICP-MS series and iCE 3000 AA series instrumentation and peripherals. Support will include electronic, mechanical, software and basic applications.
What will you do?
- Provide technical support via phone or electronically to customers, external and internal, involving hardware, software and operation
- Maintain highly accurate records in the service database for compliance regulations
- Provide basic application support for internal and external customers
- Promote and sell aftermarket products for the service organization
- All other duties as assigned by Technical Support Manager and/or Supervisor.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field a plus.
- Previous experience with FTIR required. Previous experience with Thermo Fisher Scientific instruments preferred.
- 4+ years experience in a Laboratory or Support role in which direct customer contact was part of the job function preferred
- Ability to travel 15% of the time for business purposes
- May be asked to be on-call for after-hours phone support (as needed)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.