Technical Sales Specialist, Flow Cytometry Instruments, San Fran
About the Job
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
As a Technical Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for sales and related support activities for Thermo Fisher Scientific Life Science Solutions Group, Biosciences Division, Protein & Cell Analysis Flow Cytometry Instruments to specified academic, government or industrial accounts comprising the assigned territory: San Francisco Bay Area
What will you do?
- Achieve or exceed sales quota and objectives, while maintaining profitability and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction
- Maintain contact with customers to promote new products, close deals, and grow sales, as well as develop new prospects
- Develop strong working relationship with Marketing, Technical Support, Customer Support and Production
- Organize and conduct technical seminars related to the portfolio
- Develop a strong working knowledge of assigned products and services as well as applications utilized by our customer base, as well as strong working knowledge of the features and benefits of competitive products
- Develop a working knowledge of funding, market dynamics & end-user needs
- Play an active role within the North America commercial team, to share leads, develop opportunities, contribute to team spirit, and improve account penetration.
- Train/enable/support commercial representatives for base business maintenance and grow key accounts in the sales territory.
- Consistently and accurately manage sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of CRM system and other designated IT tools.
- Evaluate, attend and support local trade shows and conferences as needed.
How will you get here?
Requires a BA or BS in Biology, Immunology or related field, preferred M.Sc. or PhD
- Previous lab experience utilizing flow cytometry or previous sales experience selling flow cytometry reagents
- Strong technical background with a minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in a research laboratory setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel overnight travel up to 40% of the time
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record and willingness to travel by air
- Awareness of the life science marketplace, particularly of the flow cytometry market, its trends and our competitors
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan in advance and execute the plans
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to partner effectively as part of a team to solve problems, negotiate solutions and arrive at a consensus
- Works well in a team environment
- Capable of working independently
- Experience Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude
- Able to work out of home office
- Able to lift 35 lbs. independently
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com