About the Job
Technical Application Scientist - Italian/French Speaker When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $25 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. How will you make an impact? The Technical Applications Scientist I is responsible for providing pre- and post-sales technical support ofThermo Fisher Scientific Nalgene/Nunc consumer, laboratory plastics products & equipment’s directly tocustomers and field personnel, as well as relaying customer feedback to the organization. What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Provide technical support for Thermo Fisher Scientific laboratory plastics & equipment’s by answering customer technical inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email or web form
- Provide customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources, and escalate issues or problems when warranted
- Participate in frequent training on products and continuing education on new applications and technologies to remain at the cutting edge of scientific knowledge
- Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management system
- Recommend changes to knowledge databases, website, and other company-managed databases of technical information
- Contribute to department meetings.
- Participate in additional special team or individual projects
- May be required to perform other related duties as opportunities arise
- Minimal travel may be required for the position
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Minimum Qualifications: BSc. to MSc. in life sciences or chemistry, biochemistry or a similar field
- 1-5 years laboratory experience
- Prior experience in customer service or a customer facing role is a plus
- Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, technical information
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Problem-solving ability
- Must be customer focused and a team player
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English and Italian, French is a plus
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, word processing and Internet applications