Soap Operations Technician
About the Job
Company:US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Employment Type:Full Time
The soap operations technician (L2) is responsible for assisting the soap operations lead or senior technician in the work efforts of the soap operations department of the Sayreville Manufacturing and Packaging Facility in an effort to meet and/or exceed, productivity, safety, quality, delivery, and cost goals, and ensure the department operates according to established company policies and procedures.
Starting at $18.00 per hour
- Operate, changeover, and maintain mixing, pressing, carton, wrap, and case packing soap equipment efficiently and safely with minimal supervision.
- Perform preventive maintenance of equipment as needed.
- Deep clean equipment as directed.
- Assure compliance of all company and local, state and federal regulatory agencies’ (i.e., OSHA and FDA) policies and regulations.
- Operate power industrial truck equipment safely and efficiently.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Report problems, and questions to the manager or lead promptly.
- Comply with safety and environmental regulations.
- Maintain a safe working environment and participate in area safety training and inspections.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, quality standards and current good manufacturing practices (GMP) as well as maintain general housekeeping standards throughout the soap operations area.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- PIT certification is required.
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments proactively and constructively.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Identifies and resolves problems promptly.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Develops alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Ability to analyze situations in a critical manner presenting proactive ways rather than reactive solutions.
- Tactfully approaches others.
- Work under pressure and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Work independently to determine and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail when performing routine quality inspections.
- Ability to operate various processing equipment.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to learn and apply for guest supply technology software and programs.
- Possess a good understanding of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of a mechanical nature.
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Primarily work in a manufacturing environment.
- Require travel specifically to company events, staff meetings, training sessions and vendor fairs.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicles for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions.
- May be required to work overtime depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire*. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. *Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.