Material Handling Equipment Technician II
About the Job
Company:US0006 Sysco North Texas (Division of USA I)
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:1 Year
Employment Type:Full Time
To provide safe, reliable and cost-efficient Material Handling Equipment (MHE) by performing quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as performing expert diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns, reduce Material Handling Equipment (MHE) downtime and improve total fleet reliability.
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance MHE (Lift Trucks, Pallet Jacks, Order Pickers, Mini-Loader) to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of Material Handling Equipment (MHE), Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods on all MHE, perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize safety and reliability on all MHE.
- Perform maintenance repairs on all MHE such as inspections, scheduled repairs, and malfunctions in a safe, efficient, and quality manner to include, but not limited to: Addressing all VIR write-ups in a timely manner, Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to MHE components.
- Document all work performed on Work Order (SAP) using Complaint, Cause, and Correction Format
- Learn & develop efficiency in all Maintenance Relates Sysco Computer programs
High school diploma or Equivalent
- Mechanical/Maintenance Technical Training 2 year school
- Either 1 Year Experience with 2 Year Technical Degree or 3 years' experience in MHE Maintenance and Repair
- Basic Knowledge and skill of all Material Handling Equipment (MHE) Systems and Components
- Basic knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipment
- Basic knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG)
- Physical demands to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and crawl
- Vision abilities to include Close & Distance vision, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Crown Certified Training Certification
- Raymond Certified Training Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire*. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. *Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.