Manager Industrial Engineering
About the Job
Company:US6469 Sysco Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:7 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
Travel Percentage:Up to 50%
Pay:$104,400 - $156,700You may be eligible to participate in the Company's Incentive Plan.
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
Visit https://www.syscobenefits.com/ to view additional information on benefits.
Summary of Job Purpose
The Manager, Industrial Engineering will lead the implementation and maintenance of the engineering program across warehouse and delivery operations for US and international locations. The Manager will lead a team of engineers to include performance reviews, consistent feedback, training and career development planning. The candidate will also be the lead person for the complete life cycle of engineering projects from initial audit through to implementation. The Manager is responsible to communicate and educate management throughout the design and implementation of process change and the associated standards. In addition, the manager will support generation of communication materials for hourly associates. Projects include engineered labor standards updates, implementation of work methods for warehouse and delivery activities, process improvement initiatives and training/continuous education with field leadership and associates on engineering matters. The Manager will oversee the implementation of new systems and technology such as labor management systems, routing systems, labor planning systems.
Areas of responsibility include managing Industrial Engineers (levels I & II), continuous improvement opportunity identification, employee development and internal communication within Sysco at various levels of the organization from hourly associate to Senior Leadership. In addition, the Manager will lead site audits, provide oversight for Engineered Labor Standards (ELS) implementation, work methods training, field education, facilitate and drive change, and execute continuous process improvement projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop Industrial Engineers to include training, career path identification, and provide consistent feedback to improve performance
- Lead labor standard update projects for the creation, application and monitoring of engineered labor standards at sites.
- Engage with Site Management and be the spokesperson for the Engineering Program at the operating level.
- Responsible for managing and executing analytical evaluations of operational activities using warehouse and delivery operating systems.
- Responsible for analyzing current processes and procedures, and offer recommendations for maximizing overall operational efficiencies, throughput and service levels.
- Responsible for ensuring all warehouse and transportation labor management and route design systems parameters and configuration data are accurately maintained.
- Deliver training on labor management (LM) concepts, Route design concepts, work methods and tools.
- Collaborate and support the Supply Chain Engineering Department in modeling and business evaluation analysis and provide subject matter expertise on operational impact of potential changes.
- Monitor performance of companies and provide communication and support in the direction needed for improvement to attain the benchmark goals of Sysco.
- Identify and document productivity improvements and cost savings opportunities within the network, providing recommendations and implementation plan to management team.
- Clarify and resolve complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause, redesigning internal and external business processes as necessary.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews and audits pertaining to internal/external engineering documentation, engineered standards and overall ELS performance reporting output (overall project level).
- Present results to site senior management and support/train management team on Engineered Labor Standards, Work Methods and Standard Business process.
- Provide education and support to Front Line Supervision group and employees regarding Engineered Labor Standards.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for topics, discussion and projects related to labor utilization, labor cost, ergonomics, productivity, equipment configuration, equipment utilization and safety.
- Other duties may be assigned by department leadership.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 7 years experience with BS degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in industrial engineering in a large-scale logistics or distribution environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and projects
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven experience with Warehouse Management Systems, RF and Scanning Systems, Transportation Routing Systems, Labor Management Systems, Discrete Labor Standards Systems and Labor Incentive Programs
- Proven experience with Time Study methodologies, MOST, MTM or Master Standard Data (MSD) including time study software and statistical applications
- Computer expertise in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook. SQL a plus.
- Requires technical acumen and decision making
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to present and clarify technical information in a manner that engages and persuades others for buy-in and drive change in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Industrial Engineering concepts in relation to work measurement and the economy of motion including labor utilization, work flow and layout, process improvement and standardization.
- Excellent analytical skills to evaluate operating costs, logistics and product costs, distribution and statistical data
- Self-starting and analytical use of know-how to identify, define and resolve problems. Utilize accumulated knowledge, procedures, processes and practices of warehousing and transportation areas to evaluate and communicate (both orally and in writing) the business requirements of distribution operations for the operating sites.
- Contain skills in planning, organizing, executing, controlling and evaluating.
- Practice effective person-to-person communication skills when dealing with other people at all levels and departments.
- Hold engineers and sites accountable for design and implementation of initiative.
- Take initiative to act within confines of the job to positively affect the overall goals of Sysco.
- Provide accurate information and assistance to support the sites and Distribution Services in achieving their operational objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- The job requires travel 75% of the time.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position will be performed remotely and on site at a Sysco location.
- Must be able to do extensive travel to sites.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.