About the Job
Company:US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:1 Year
Employment Type:Full Time
The Logistics Specialist completes order lifecycle management of logistically arranged purchase orders across multiple levels of the business. Minimal travel may be required by air and personal vehicle.
- Tender, Track and Trace all managed shipments and communicate time-sensitive information to the appropriate business partners
- Quote and execute “special” shipments using SYGMA’s internally managed carrier database
- Tend to daily issues around arranged PO’s from the supplier to the DC
- Process and submit all carrier and supplier invoices related to logistical shipments
- Update the internal TMS system with accurate information around each load
- Provide reporting on Key Metrics (Freight Revenue Managed, Expenses, Profits, etc)
- File and track all managed carrier and supplier claims and work with carriers on the timely resolution
- This encompasses all Logistical PO’s managed internally and via SYSCO’s Manhattan TMS software
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in purchasing, supply chain, or business
- One year purchasing experience, preferably in foodservice distribution
- AS/400 experience is desired
- Ability to communicate clearly, primarily by telephone, with employees and outside business contacts
- Mastery level of skill with Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office Suite, A/S 400
- Work is sedentary in nature
- A substantial part of the day is spent on key entry
Must be able to read at distances close to the eyes, with or without correction
BENEFITS INFORMATION:In the coming weeks, you will receive information in the mail confirming your benefits eligibility and the enrollment process. In the meantime, you may visit https://syscobenefits.com/ to learn more.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.