Industrial Engineer I, Supply Chain - Corporate - US
About the Job
Company:US6469 Sysco Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:3 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
Travel Percentage:Up to 75%
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The Industrial Engineer I, Supply Chain will support the engineering program across warehouse and delivery operations for US and/or International locations. The engineer will work independently or with other engineers through the complete life cycle of engineering projects from initial audit, to working with Site Management through implementation. This includes the design of process changes and standards including supporting communication with employees. Assignments include data collection and analysis, time studies, frequency studies, work sampling, MHE equipment speed calibrations, facility travel map updates, process flow analysis, update Engineered Labor Standards (ELS), support process improvement initiatives, perform system configuration and validation, and support field leadership on engineering matters.
Areas of responsibility include Labor Management system configuration & validation, ELS maintenance, process and operational analysis, travel map updates, productivity assessments, conducting performance audits, field education and process improvement projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the ELS maintenance and Labor Management System functions including engineering, system configuration & validation and education to the field.
- Performs time studies, data collection & analysis, frequency studies, MHE speed calibrations, facility travel map updates and creates reports based on final analysis and findings.
- Supports setting benchmarks on ELS performances and productivity, as well as provide timely reporting of operational efficiencies.
- Performs analytical evaluations of operational activities using various systems, such as Warehouse Management System, Labor Management system, Transportation systems, telematics, routing applications and other Business Technology systems via SQL/queries.
- Ensures all Warehouse, Transportation and Labor Management system parameters and configuration data are accurately maintained as well as providing timely issue resolutions with the systems.
- Creates engineering documentation including Standard Operating Procedures, Prescribed Work Methods, Work Instructions, Process Flow Maps, and Warehouse Travel Maps.
- Performs onsite audits and performance validations with the engineering program including validating accurate system configurations and operational processes.
- Monitor associates’/drivers use of prescribed methods, performance and productivity to assist Operations Management in performing evaluations, identifying expectations regarding performance levels (labor system).
- Supports Field Operations and Supply Chain Corporate team in engineering related areas such as work methods, ergonomics, process improvement, production thru-put, equipment downtime, and safety of the operator.
- Supports training on engineered labor standards, industrial engineering and work measurement concepts and tools.
- Accept additional responsibilities or special projects as requested as other duties may be assigned.
- Problem Solving – Is able to address issues immediately and solve problems with effective solutions, 5S, Continuous Improve concepts
- Driving Results – Can plan work effectively and prioritizes tasks/goals and act upon with minimum delays to achieve expected outcomes, ability to influence others to support engineering efforts
- Accountability – Is trusted and honest with work output, takes appropriate steps and ownership with solutions when issues arise and acts with sense of urgency
- Communication – Can effectively and succinctly explain thoughts, ideas and information through written or oral communications
- Flexibility and Adaptability – Can shift gears on priorities and manage change comfortably and demonstrate willingness to adapt to growth opportunities
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, or Logistics
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- 0 - 3 years’ experience in Industrial Engineering in large scale logistics or distribution environment or other industry with Standardized Work and Engineered Labor Standards
- Experience with Industrial Engineering concepts, Work Measurement, Standardization and Process Improvement project work
- Experience with Time Study methodologies, MOST, MTM or Master Standard Data (MSD) including time study software and Labor Management Systems.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Lean concepts and methodologies
- Prior experience in Consulting, Lean Six Sigma, Lean Warehousing or Facilitation of Process Changes
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Industrial Engineering concepts in relation to work measurement and the economy of motion including labor utilization, work flow and layout, process improvement and standardization.
- Solid organizational skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Solid communication and presentation skills with the ability to present and clarify technical information in a manner that engages and persuades others for buy-in.
- Ability to identify issues, challenges and the ability to resolve effectively and efficiently with appropriate solutions.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic Algebra, Geometry and Statistical data.
- Ability to mine and compile data from multiple systems for data analysis including SQL/queries from other databases.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, databases, process flow mapping software, AutoCAD, and Minitab.
KEY INTERNAL CONTACTS:
- Warehouse & Transportation Industrial Engineering Teams
- Supply Chain Operations Services & Strategy
- Field Operations, Market VPOs
- Warehouse & Delivery Associates, Supervisors, Managers, Directors, VP of Operations
- Business Technology & Systems Internal Support Partners
- Must be able to travel to Sysco facilities or operating sites up to 75%.
- This position can be performed from a large Sysco site in the Continental US.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full time basis without future employment sponsorship.
- Applicants must have US citizen or appropriate travel documents, with the ability to travel abroad to Canada and/or Europe.
- Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more! Background and drug screen. EOE.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:In the coming weeks, you will receive information in the mail confirming your benefits eligibility and the enrollment process. In the meantime, you may visit https://syscobenefits.com/ to learn more.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.