About the Job
Company:US0013 Sysco Central Texas (Division of USA I)
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:1 Year
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Accurately identifies, verifies, records and receives inbound shipments and to insures product and packaging quality. Receivers work with and instruct other individuals in insuring proper sorting, segregating, staging and flowing of inbound products.
- Accurately identify, verify, record and receive inbound shipments.
- Ensure product and packaging quality.
- Work with and instruct other individuals in insuring proper sorting, segregating, staging and flowing of inbound product.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Up to 1 year related warehouse experience or training.
- Previous forklift operation experience.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must be trained and certified for operating a forklift.
- Ability to work with specific computer software, specifically, Sysco Warehouse Management System (SWMS) and Gagnon.
- Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Work efficiently at a rapid pace.
- Good attendance.
- Can work in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple but detailed instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Can add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resource department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
- Regularly required to stand.
- Frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, see and hear.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands, and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.