Surgical Technician Certified (Pool) -Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery
About the Job
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
The Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery has an immediate opening for a full-time Certified Surgical Technologist. The Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery (CMIS) is an outpatient surgery center with 4 ORs and 1 procedure room offering advance surgical procedures to patients in a unique patient-focused environment. In addition, CMIS is one of the only surgery centers in Illinois equipped with a Recovery Care Center. This allows postoperative stays up to 48 hours in one of our 5 private patient suites.
- Pain Management
The Surgical Technician is primarily responsible to advocate for safe patient care during their time spent in the operating room. The Surgical Technician reports directly to the OR Clinical Manager.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to sterile technique.
- Utilizes standard precautions to prevent pathogen transmission during all invasive procedures.
- Selects and prepares necessary supplies and equipment.
- Stocking surgical supplies and checking outdates.
- Turnover of operating rooms
- Checks equipment for working order and reports unsafe conditions.
- Reviews pertinent data to support the RN and the surgeon’s plan of care.
- Utilizes surgeon’s preference cards and assists with updating to keep cards current.
- Premium Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- No Call
- Paid Holidays
- CST Required
- BLS Certified
- Minimum 1 year work experience as an operating room technician
- Ortho and Spine experience strongly preferred
- Ophthalmology experience a plus
Please click HERE to apply
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SurgicalTech #SurgicalTechnologist #HealthcareJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates