Registered Nurse OR (POOL) - Center for RS at Maple Grove
About the Job
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA’s 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits…
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance – eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
We are actively recruiting for a Registered Nurse (RN) OR.
- Provides nursing care to ensure the safety of the patient.
- Directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic, sterile techniques, and procedures.
- To perform various tasks as an OR circulator.
- Assumes responsibility that the OR is prepared for the patient.
- Assist in transporting patient to OR and checks patient record for appropriate pre-op preparation and procedures.
- Verifies that appropriate surgical prep is completed.
- Completes documentation for OR records, laboratory requisitions, and patient chart
- Supervises and assists with the proper and safe positioning of the patient.
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument counts
- Takes ownership for all surgical specimens properly.
- Secures emergency equipment and supplies as needed.
- Provides assistance to teammates, surgeons, and anesthesia.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills that promote safe patient care.
Education - Required:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the State as a Registered Nurse
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date (applicable to scope of service)
Education - Preferred:
- Computer literacy
- BSN Degree
- Previous work experience in an ambulatory surgery setting or acute hospital operating room of no less than one (1) year.
- Ability to meet deadlines