Registered Nurse Operating Room (PT) - Birmingham Outpatient
About the Job
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA’s 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits…
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance – eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
Large, 8 Operating Room, 1 Procedure Room Multispecialty Ambulatory Surgical Facility. The facility opened in 1984 and currently serves over 100 surgeons. Surgical Specialties provided include Ophthalmology, Interventional Pain Management, Otolaryngology, Orthopedics & Spine, Gynecological Surgery, General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Podiatry and Oral Surgery. Patients have their same-day surgery in a warm, inviting environment and are discharged home after recovery. The facility does offer 23-hour stay when patients need to be observed overnight.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, supplies, and personnel.
- Uses equipment effectively by anticipating patient needs and providing appropriate care.
- Confirms that proper techniques and procedures are used according to accepted Standards of Practice and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assists with the ordering, receiving, and storage of supplies.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the intra-operative area.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains surgical services as assigned, in accordance with written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and accrediting agencies and is responsible for quality patient care.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the standards of assigned areas pertaining to the operating room, sterilization and decontamination, and corresponding ancillary areas.
- Responsible for efficient and effective patient care and quality improvement.
- Helps in determining goals for assigned area and effectively manages resources to achieve the goals.
- Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure quality patient care.
- At the direction of the Director of Nursing, maintains an adequate inventory for assigned area, including, but not limited to, equipment and supplies.
- Assists in recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and retention of operating room/corresponding ancillary area employees.
- Assists with staffing assigned area and performing daily operational processes.
- Responsible for fostering an environment that promotes staff growth and development.
- Supervises and adheres to Surgery Center policies, procedures, and safety programs.
- Participates in Quality Committee(s), Medical Leadership Committee, as requested, and/or assigned.
- Proactively seeks to continuously improve patient care and operations.
- Exhibits competency in performing all functions of assigned area or duties.
- Responsible for other functions as assigned by the Director of Nursing and/or the Administrator.
Education - Required:
- High School graduate or GED certificate recipient
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the State of (insert state) as a Registered Nurse
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date (applicable to scope of service)
Education - Preferred:
- Computer literacy
- BSN Degree
- Previous work experience in an ambulatory surgery setting or acute hospital operating room of no less than one (1) year.
- Ability to meet deadlines