Purchasing Coordinator (FT) - San Luis Obispo Surgery Center
About the Job
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA’s 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits…
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance – eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for purchasing and maintaining the facility’s inventory to support patient care, and to achieve organizational goals as directed by the facility management. Effective inventory control and managing facilities budget for resources and materials in a manner that supports medical needs of the center. Fiscal responsibility in keeping material costs minimized without compromising quality.
- Demonstrated skill on computer input and operation and oversees facility inventory management plan
- Knowledge of inventory/stock procedures
- Knowledgeable of equipment and supply orders, par levels, returns
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to set priorities
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise, and promotes efficiency throughout the facility
- Alert to detail and follow-up. Maintains accurate records
- Ability to frequently lift and carry articles 25 lbs. or over
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, and supplies.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years previous ASC/hospital experience in related field (Purchasing, CS, SPD, Receiving)
- Self-directed and able to operate independently
- Exceptional communication and teamwork